Lauren Deane Evans, a San Francisco Creative Director and Art Director Extraordinare who runs Good Looking Ideas, is shown here receiving a standing ovation from the 60+ members of BNI Embarcadero recently, during the final meeting of her year-long presidency. Photo by Scott R. Kline.
The plaque on Lauren’s special Oscar that was created by Fran Herman of Ellaprint read: To Lauren Deane Evans, The Best Damn President Ever of BNI Embarcadero.
As President of the largest BNI chapter on the West Coast, Lauren set the bar even higher for what a president can accomplish. Her meetings were filled with:
- Oscar-winning moments, as she instituted the weekly tradition of awarding an Oscar to the best 30-second infomercial of the week, with the winner getting 60 seconds the following week AND enjoying the opportunity of judging the elevator speeches to see who was worthy of winning the week after that.
- More fun and more laughter than ever before with special “themed” infomercials about once a month.
- More accountability with a stronger focus on closed business through Jay O’Neil, the most recent Vice President. During Lauren’s watch as President, the chapter passed the $3 million milestone in reporting closed business for a 52-week period.
- More attention from the members because she was successful in silencing those who like to chatter during the meetings.
- More participation among members across the Leadership Team, which is the core to our continued success.
- Terrific social events with the Christmas party at Sigmund Stern Grove probably our best ever.