If you don’t play, you can’t win.*
Tuesday a client asked me if I knew of a good appointment/calendar/scheduling services. I said I’d look into it as I didn’t really know. Wednesday, we had a visitor (Amanda) from MyTime. She did her infomercial and basically said what my client asked me the day before. I got her card, sent her and my client an email and they’re signed up for a free trial. Boom.
[quote]Boom! Did you hear that noise? What was that? That was business getting done. Did you hear it? Were you there?[/quote]
Does every visitor to our BNI chapter get a referral within minutes? No, but let’s do a little math.
- 0% = chance of getting a referral if you don’t visit.
- 1% to 100% = chance of getting a referral if you visit.
It’s rather black & white, simple math, zeros and ones: if you show up, there’s a chance. If you don’t show up, there isn’t. It’s up to you.
What Defines Showing Up?
- Bringing your A Game.
- You have 30 seconds, use it wisely. (Tip: have you practiced in front of the mirror? Do it, you won’t regret it.)
- Be specific. (Tip: Not, “My clients are everyone!” but rather, “I’m looking for real estate agents in South San Francisco.”)
What Doesn’t Count?
- Being present like a fly on the wall.
- Keeping to your quiet, reserved self.
- Speaking in vague or confusing language.
If you’re not going to make your best effort, don’t bother. If you’re ready to Show Up, we look forward to meeting you … and giving you a chance at a referral.
* If you don’t play, you can’t win was a past California Lottery slogan.