Quick testimonial: Gil offered his services valued at $500 as a donation. That client eventually turned into a $3,000 paying client. ‘Nuff said.
Thank you so much to all of those who took my auction forms this morning! I only had 16 seconds this morning to explain this auction, so here’s just a bit more about it – including a letter below that explains it all in more detail and a donor form (download PDF) that you can fill out and fax in (Rooftop Fax: (415) 695-5429).
I think this would be a great way to advertise your business/services to a group of 600+ families who are looking to spend money because they know it’s going to a good cause (our school). Remember, you don’t send money, just offer a product or service. It’s also fully tax deductible.
What To Do
So here’s how you can help-and help your business, I’m going to use Mischa as an example:
- Fill out the attached form with the service you’re offering. [E.g. “Family photo session. $500”] Fill out my son’s name (Liam Charbonneau) as the student and mine as the solicitor (Bradley Charbonneau).
- Fax it in: Rooftop Fax: (415) 695-5429
- Mischa’s service, because it’s value is $500+, will receive a quarter page ad in the Rooftop Auction Catalog. Rooftop families and friends will all receive this catalog. It’ll also be listed on their auction website: http://www.rooftopauction.org.
- At the auction, families will bid on Mischa’s family photo session. Maybe it goes for $300, maybe it goes for $900, who knows. They’ll then have a voucher that they can use for the session with Mischa. There’s a chance no one buys the service or that someone buys it and never redeems it. That’s OK, Rooftop will still get the money spent.
- Mischa provides the service, hopefully has a new client, and when everyone at Rooftop hears of what a great photo session he did, he might have more clients.
- Big thank you from Liam, my 6-year old !
If You’d Like to Come to the Event
Finally, it’s a really fun event if you’d like to come. Great products and services available (as well as art) and again, all for a good cause! Last year (for a friend’s school), I bought massage gift certificates for my wife, car wash gift certificates (guess that was for me … ), and got outbid on a two-night stay in some hotel in Napa.
The Hall of Flowers
March 20, 2010
Lincoln Way & 9th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
Here’s the letter from Rooftop:
Dear Community Friend,
I would like to introduce myself as the parent of a child who attends Rooftop School in San Francisco. Rooftop is a K-8 public, alternative elementary/middle school located in Twin Peaks, in the heart of San Francisco. Each year Rooftop’s Parent and Teacher Association (PTA) hosts an Auction to raise money to fund programs that make our school special, such as the library, garden, science, sensory motor and art.
I am writing to you on behalf of all the Rooftop children to help us with our biggest annual fundraiser by donating a gift certificate and/or merchandise that will be sold to the highest bidder during the Auction on March 20, 2010.
These are difficult times for all schools, and with huge state budget cuts our children’s educational system needs even more help. Your support at this time is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and consider making a donation from your establishment. Attached you will find the Donor Form; please complete the form (keep a copy for you records) and return with your donation. If you prefer, we can make a gift certificate for you (just indicate this on the form).
If you would like more information about Rooftop School and the wonderfully positive and creative learning environment we provide, please visit our website at www.rooftopk8.org.
The Staff and Children of Rooftop thank you in advance for your support!